Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New fraud on internet using Saddam Hussein’s treasure?

Well just now I get this mail which I straightaway think is fraud. But what is interesting is that the URL used in the mail is a genuine one dated back in 2003. I do find that a lot of people (through newspaper reports), perhaps newbies on the internet getting lured by such spam/scam mails… Here it goes…

Dear Friend, Good day to you, My name is JAMES RESTO. I am an American soldier serving in the military with the Third Infantry Division in Iraq.My Superior and I currently moved some funds belonging to Saddam Hussein,to the tune of $10,000,000.00 (Ten million US dollars) this money is being kept in a secured place.Please check the below web link to read more about the cause of the event: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm Basically since we are working under the Government we cannot keep these funds,My Superior and I need a good partner, someone we can trust to actualise this venture.Due to the amount of money involved and for private and confidential reasons we are transferring it through a Diplomatic Courrier Services to your location,which means it is 100% safe and secured. Your primary assignment is to stand as our contact during the process time of tranffering the fund and to provide a secured place in your location.We garauntee there is no risk involved in this. If you are interested to serve reply to my private email below with effective immediately to discuss your benefits and furnish you with more details. Sgt.JAMES RESTO sgtjames.resto@Safe-mail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment